Are you ready to Adopt?
The Greater Huntsville Humane Society is a not for profit, no kill shelter dedicated to caring for abandoned pets and placing them in loving homes where they will live as valued members of the family. Our goal is to educate the public about responsible pet ownership, and encourage pet owners to spay and neuter their animals.
If you are ready to experience a lifetime of unconditional love, all you have to do is view our pets (online or in-house), choose and meet one (or two) pets, speak with an adoption counselor then complete your family.
Why adopt from the GHHS?
It is estimated that six million animals are surrendered each year to animal shelters in the United States. One in four is a purebred, registered pet and a majority of those are euthanized. For those reasons, we recommend adopting from the GHHS. We operate a no kill animal shelter for unwanted pets and do not receive any city, state or federal funding. We rely heavily on our adoption program. Pets make wonderful companions. Having a pet is good for your health; the daily walks, exercise and interactions help lower blood pressure, reduce stress and keep you in shape, so when considering adopting a pet, think of the GHHS first. All of our animals are fully vaccinated, altered, micro-chipped, heartworm and feline leukemia /aids tested.
How to adopt from the GHHS
For someone to adopt from the GHHS, they must meet certain qualifications and follow the guidelines listed below:
- The individual who wishes to adopt an animal must be at least 21 years of age.
- Proper photo identification must be provided.
- If the potential adopter rents, we must verify that the lease allows pets. We must also verify that pets are allowed for those who live with parents.
- Potential adopters will need to make sure they are compatible with the pet they would like to adopt.
- All pets owned by the potential adopter must be current on all vaccines.
- A pre-adoption application must be filled out and reviewed.
- All animals leaving GHHS must be either on leash and collar, or in a carrier.
When can I adopt a pet?
Tuesday-Saturday 10:00 am -4:00 pm
For adoption inquiries or additional information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.